WHERE CAN I FIND PROFESSIONAL HELP?
IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS:
- Call 911
- Go to your nearest emergency room
- Call the Veteran's Crisis Line at 1(800) 273-8255 and Press 1.
- (For Spanish call / Para Español llaman 1(888) 628-9454)
- Go to Veterans Crisis Line 24/7 to chat live with a crisis counselor.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- VHA Facilities Locator to find a VA Medical Center or Vet Center for mental health services.
- VA PTSD Program Locator to find a specialized program.
- Military OneSource to find 24/7 face-to-face counseling, telephone and online consultations and resources at 1(800) 342-9647.
- Vet Center Combat Call Center to find combat veterans and family members to talk with other veterans about issues they are facing 24/7 at 1(877)222-VETS or 1(877) 927-8387.
- Give an Hour to find free mental health services to U.S. military personnel and their families.
- Department of Defense Outreach Center for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury to find 24/7 information on psychological health and TBI issues and resources by phone at 1(866) 966-1020, online chat or email.
- Mental Health Services Locator to find information about mental health services and resources.
- Sidran to find a referral list of therapists, as well as a fact sheet on how to choose a therapist for PTSD.
SEXUAL TRAUMA & DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RESOURCES
- Call Safe Helpline at 1(877) 995-5247 for 24/7 confidential one-on-one help for victims of military sexual trauma.
- Call National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1(800) 799-7233 for 24/7 help with crisis intervention, safety planning and referral for victims of domestic violence.
Wounded Warrior Anglers of America (WWAA) Resource Center helps warriors and family members identify resources to meet a wide range of needs at (239) 257-3410 ext. 3